The ROTHESAY HIVE will be a gathering place to nurture the health and well-being of older adults through a hub of activities that focus on socialization, connection, health and wellness, intergenerational programming, lifelong learning and outreach.
Location & Hours
The ROTHESAY HIVE is located on 70 Hampton Road, Rothesay NB and contained within the Rothesay Town Hall. The ROTHESAY HIVE is situated on the main left of the building to the right of the main entrance of the Rothesay Town Hall.
- Operating hours shall be set to meet operational and seasonal demands.
- Summer Soft Launch Hours (June-August): Monday-Friday, 9:00 am-3:00 pm
- Fall Hours TBA
Accessibility & Parking
Free parking is available adjacent to the ROTHESAY HIVE with overflow parking available across the street with a well-marked cross walk to allow members to safely cross the street.
The ROTHESAY HIVE is an accessible space with accessible & handicap buttons on the main entrance to the Town Hall. The ROTHESAY HIVE is located on the main level with accessible doors.
We all know living a healthy lifestyle helps you maintain vitality, independent living, improve your mental health, manage weigh, and reduce your risk of chronic disease. But the benefits of being a part of the Y’s active community take these benefits a step further:
We help individuals of all stages of life active through activities and social connection experiences, giving them confidence and social skills.
We encourage older adults to maintain quality of life and independent living by getting involved in fall prevention and health management programs.
Full Y Membership includes health and wellness, sport and recreation offerings for all ages; children, youth, families, and older adults:
- No locked-in contract
- Swimming lessons
- Sports and recreation programming
- Aquatics programming
- Fitness centre
- Walking & running track
- Group fitness classes
- Age-specific programming tailored for youth and older adults
- Health management programming (example: Cardiac Maintenance, Nutrition 101, Women on Weights)
- Free orientation sessions with a certified fitness coach
- Personal fitness assessment
- Free access to the ROTHESAY HIVE Age Friendly Community Centre (Coming May 2019)
- Free access to the Saint John Field House (Coming September 2019)
|Membership Type||Biweekly Fee||Joiner Fee|
|Adult||$27 plus tax||$50|
|Adult Plus||$38 plus tax||$50|
|Couple||$48 plus tax||$50|
|Couple Plus||$76 plus tax||$50|
ROTHESAY HIVE Annual Membership
- Some Free programs such as: Café & Conversation, Lunch Dine-Out, Board Games, and more
- Free access to Age Friendly Information & Resources
- Free Monthly Activities Calendar Email Notifications
- Free access to the Computer Area & Station (Coming Fall 2019)
- Free access to the Book Exchange
- Eligible to participate in programs offered for nominal fee
- $50 plus tax annually to persons meeting the age criteria of 50+